Friday, March 19, 2010

The Passover Story as told by Layla

Once there was a princess. And the princess found baby Moses. And she needed help taking care of the baby because she didn’t want the baby to be Egyptian. The Egyptians had a king named Pharaoh. He made them so tired by making them build pyramids. And then Moses growed up and he went to Pharaoh’s palace Moses said to Pharaoh, “Please let my people go.”

And Pharaoh said “I don’t believe you.” In the morning time when Pharaoh woke up he saw frogs jumping all over him.

And Moses came back and he said “Pharaoh I told you something bad would happen. Can you please let my people go?”

He said, “No, no, no I will not let them go. No, no no, I will not let them go.”

It was another night, and in the morning Pharaoh woke up he saw bugs. And the bugs went, “Buzzzzzzzz”.

When another night came past, he slept and then hail came down. Pharaoh opened the door when Moses came again and Moses said “I told you something bad would happen.”

Pharaoh said “I will really let them go now.” They ran quickly until he changed his mind, and he changed his mind and he ran behind them. And a miracle happened and the water split. And they ran across the water until the water closed. And then they sang "Dy dy dayenu!”

No comments: